We're slightly addicted to those pumpkin spiced lattes you can find at a certain coffee shop, so we decided to whip up some cupcakes that celebrated that delicious flavour. Halloween is just around the corner, so it's the perfect time to make these for friends and family, or even for your Halloween party.
They're easy-peasy to make, you could even get the kids to help if you wanted!
How to make Halloween cupcakes
You will need:
- 125g flour
- 125g butter (at room temperature)
- 125g sugar
- 2 eggs (at room temperature)
- 3 x 15ml tablespoon full-fat milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C / gas mark 6 and fill a muffin tin with 12 cupcake cases.
2. Blitz the ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Pulse when adding milk, one tablespoon at a time.
3. Divide into a muffin tin and bake for 15 - 20 minutes.
4. Let them cool in their tins, then transfer to a wire rack.
How to make pumpkin spiced icing
You will need:
- 170g pumpkin puree
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 640g icing sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Add butter to a mixing bowl. Stir in your pumpkin puree with a whisk. Add vanilla, nutmeg and cinnamon to the mix and beat together.
2. Slowly add the icing sugar. Stir well until you get a great consistency to spread on your cupcakes. Add colourful sprinkles.
We hope you enjoy making them - and eating them, too! Why not share a picture of your creation with us on social media?