Host the best Halloween party in town with these effortless ideas for spooky decorations and ghastly treats.
1. Creepy crawly spider ice cubes
Pick up some plastic spiders from Poundland, Amazon or your nearest to store and make these simple yet scary ice cubes. Works well with other insects, too.
2. Terrifying apple heads
Peel your apples and punch holes into one side to make a scary face. Pop them into your punch bowl for a truly terrifying effect.
3. Enchant and delight with a glittering pumpkin
Add some enchantment to your party by covering one pumpkin with glue and gold or orange glitter. Or, for something more alternative, cover your pumpin in spots of glue then sprinkle neon glitter on top.
4. Decorate tea lights with yarn for spooky lighting
Simple yet SO effective.
5. Make ghost balloons with glow sticks
Activate a glow stick and pop it into a balloon before you blow it up. Draw on scary eyes and a mouth for quick and easy decorations for your party.
6. Make disgusting blood candles
Take a red candle and melt it over pristine white candles to make a hideous blood effect.
7. Caterpillar kebabs make scary snacks for kids
Push grapes through kebab sticks for healthy snacks, and finish with icing and chocolate blobs for the caterpillar face.
8. Stock up on cheap vampire teeth for guests
Keep some fake blood and vampire teeth on hand for anyone that fails to turn up in a costume.
9. Serve lantern cheeseburgers to ravenous guests
Cute out pumpkin faces into your American cheese to make these scary -looking burgers.
10. Mini satsuma pumpkins for the easiest Halloween snacks ever
Healthy Halloween snack for kids don't get much easier than this! Great for handing out to trick or treaters (along with the usual sweet treats, unless you want to get egged).
11. Transform your fridge into a ghastly ghoul
Cut out eyes and a mouth from black card and stick it to your white fridge - EASY!
12. Pop some edible eyeballs into your cocktails
Pick up some radishes and a pack of blueberries to create our eyeball punch.
13. Vampire teeth for a spooky yet stylish table setting
If you're hosting a dinner party this Halloween, pick up some vampire teeth and red paper napkins. Pop the teeth around a rolled napkin and that's your table settings sorted!
14. Paint giant pebbles for an easy alternative to pumpkins
For when there isn't time to spend carving loads of pumpkins, pick up some pebbles and orange paint.
15. Freeze a creepy ice hand for your punch bowl
Freeze water in a rubber glove for a cool hand effect.
16. Make an eyeball wreath with ping pong balls
Pick up some ping pong balls and googly eyes to make a scary entrance.
17. Play Quidditch beer pong
Harry Potter fans can upgrade the classic beer pong game with this Quidditch version.
18. Or... play glow in the dark Jenga
Paint your Jenga pieces with glow in the dark paint for after-dark games.
19. Serve shots in plastic syringes
For the mad scientist effect.
20. Make scary party bags out of latex gloves
Fill them up with spooky treats for a creepy alternative to party bags.
21. Make these gross-looking wiggly worms from jelly
Make these jelly wiggly worms and cover with crumbles of chocolate brownie or Oreos for an earthy effect.
22. Scare your guests with a toilet decal
Place something scary on the toilet lid. Your guests will get a surprise when they lift it up!
23. Serve beers out of a pumpkin
Fill with ice and beers or any other snacks.
24. Wrap juice cartons with white tape for mummified drinks
This is one the kids can get involved with too!
25. Pineapples make terrifying alternatives to pumpkins
Pumpkins look like child's play compared to pineapple lanterns! Plus, they make a really quirky interior accessory.
26. Create this awesome centrepiece
An festive way to serve guacamole and tortilla chips, great idea from Amee's Savoury Dish.
27. Cast a spell over party guests with floating witch hats
Hang witches hats above your dinner table for a bewitching dinner party.
28. Make these easy ghost silhouettes
With just some black card, scissors and tape, you can make these spooky ghost silhouettes.
29. Turn a white door into a creepy face
Transform any white door into the creepiest of entrances with just some black card.
30. Dish out deliciously bloody finger hot dogs
This is such an effective idea. Peel off the skin in mini frankfurters to form a nail and score the sausage to create the look of a finger. Smother in ketchup and pop it in a bun - BRILLIANT! Salty Canary did such a great job at making these look realistic.
Thanks for reading & I hope your Halloween event is success! Please feel free to share these ideas with your friends and family using the share tools below.