There's something so incredibly satisfying about diving into a big bowl of piping-hot soup. Our tasty, parsnip parsley and truffle oil soup recipe is as good as they come. It's warming, luxurious and wholesome - perfect for those chilly days.
Made with olive oil and soya milk, our parsnip soup recipe is extremely nutritious, and also caters for vegan and vegetarian diners. Don't let the lack of dairy put you off though - we can assure you this soup certainly isn't lacking in flavour, texture or richness.
The natural sweetness of parsnips, tang of truffle oil, crunch of parsley and swirl of vegan cashew cream truly make this soup a show-stopper. It's the perfect way to start a meal or have as a light but luxurious lunch. We like ours served with crackers, fresh bread and lashings of butter.
If you think soups are boring, you seriously need to give this recipe a go. The only problem you'll have is that you can't make it quick enough.
Parsnip soup recipe - here's how to make it
The best thing about this stunning soup? It's easy to make, and we mean really easy. The soup itself requires just a handful of everyday ingredients, and the toppings are as simple as grabbing them out the cupboard and swirling on top.
- 500g parsnips
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- Olive oil
- 1.5 vegetable stock cubes
- Dried parsley
- Truffle oil
- Fresh parsley
- 300ml soya milk
- 20g cashews
1. Place the cashews in a small bowl and cover with boiling water. (Ideally, this should be done 2+ hours prior to soup-making).
2. Preheat the oven to 180˚C.
3. Peel and roughly chop the parsnips and place in a roasting tray. Drizzle with olive oil, a shake of salt, pepper and sprinkling of dried parsley. Toss to combine and place in the oven for 15 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, peel and roughly chop the onion and peel and bash the garlic cloves. Place into a large saucepan along with 1tbsp olive oil. Cook on a moderate heat until soft.
5. Remove the parsnips and add to the saucepan. Season with salt, pepper and dried parsley, then cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
6. Meanwhile, mix 900ml boiling water with 1.5 stock cubes. Add to the saucepan, along with the soya milk.
7. Bring to the boil, before reducing to a simmer for 10 minutes.
8. Transfer to a blender and blend until smooth.
9. Drain the cashews, and blend along with 2tbsp water.
10. Serve the soup with a swirl of cashew cream, truffle oil and a sprinkling of parsley.
11. Welcome to soup heaven!
What's the one soup recipe you can't live without? We'd love to hear about in the comments below.