- What is Zoflora?
- Cleaning vs. disinfecting
- How to use Zoflora
- Zoflora warnings
- Is Zoflora pet safe?
- What about using Zoflora in the hallway?
- Will Zoflora clean the kitchen?
- Where should I use Zoflora in the living room?
- Can I use Zoflora in the nursery?
- Help me clean my bathroom with Zoflora
- Take Zoflora outdoors
- What about using it in vehicles?
- Uses for Zoflora in the laundry
- Where can I buy Zoflora?
What is Zoflora?
Even though it's been around for almost a century, Zoflora has suddenly become the latest must-have cleaning product, but what exactly is it?
Zoflora is a versatile concentrated disinfectant that you can use all over the house. It claims to kill 99.9% of bacteria and viruses and eliminate foul odours with a freshening power that will last all day.
Cleaning vs. disinfecting
There's a pretty big difference between cleaning and disinfecting that you need to know!
Cleaning products will cut through grease, remove surface grime and leave a clean smell - but they won't kill bacteria.
Zoflora, which is a disinfectant, can't cut through grease but will remove visible dirt and kill 99.9% of bacteria on surfaces and sponges. It'll kill the bacteria that cause odour, removing smells at the source instead of masking them.
How to use Zoflora
You can use Zoflora for just about every cleaning job on your list. There's a variety of cleaning products you can make using Zoflora, including:
- Cloth and bucket - add 4 capfuls to 1.5 litres of water in a bucket.
- Mop and bucket - add 4 capfuls to 1.5 litres of water in a bucket.
- Spray bottle - add 1.5 capfuls to a spray bottle and top up with water.
- Undiluted - use 1 capful to clean drains and toilets.
There are a few precautions to take when using Zoflora:
- The bottle doesn't currently have a child-safe cap. Keep out of reach of children.
- Always wear gloves when using and wash hands thoroughly after use.
- Undiluted Zoflora is flammable, so don't expose it to open flames or heat.
- Never use on polished wood or painted surfaces.
- Always patch test before using on a new surface or furnishing.
- Don't use to clean bowls or bottles as it may taint them.
- Never mix with other cleaning chemicals.
- Remember that a certain level of exposure to bacteria is believed to be good for our immune systems.
Is Zoflora pet safe?
You should always follow instructions on the packaging and allow Zoflora to dry completely before your pets come into contact with surfaces treated with the product. Don't use Zoflora to clean bowls or bottles.
1. Pet toys
Pet toys have seen it all! They've been in your pet's mouth, dragged around the house and probably outside too. You should give them a clean every once in a while.
Soak plastic toys in a bucket of diluted Zoflora. Rinse and leave to dry before giving to your pet. Avoid completely soaking toys with small holes that are likely to fill with water as they are difficult to clean and dry fully. For these toys, you should wipe the surface with diluted Zoflora.
2. Carriers, crates, cages, and baskets
It's a good idea to clean their carries and baskets from time to time, especially if they've had an accident inside it. Wipe down with diluted Zoflora and a cloth.
3. Litter tray
Litter trays can get really smelly. Kill odours at the source by disinfecting them. Empty the litter tray, then wipe clean with diluted Zoflora and kitchen roll or a cloth. Leave to dry before letting pets use it.
4. Dog blankets
What about using Zoflora in the hallway?
5. Welcome mat
TOP TIP: Make a sensory experience in your house by using a different Zoflora scent for cleaning in each room.
6. Smelly shoes
Don't let smelly shoes in the hallway stink out the whole house! Add a few drops of Zoflora to a piece of kitchen roll. Place inside smelly shoes and press down. Leave to dry overnight and your shoes will smell great.
Will Zoflora clean the kitchen?
7. Fridge freezer
To kill bacteria and get rid of those horrific fridge odours, use a diluted solution of Zoflora and wipe down your fridge freezer inside and out. Rinse shelves with clean water before putting food back in the fridge.
Spray a diluted solution of Zoflora onto surfaces and wipe with a cloth. Just don't use it on chopping boards - Zoflora perfumes will taint food.
9. Kitchen bin
Your bin doesn't have to smell like rubbish. Using a cloth and bucket full of diluted Zoflora, wipe waste and recycling bins inside and out. Don't forget the lid! Keep your bin smelling fresh every day by spraying a diluted solution of Zoflora onto the contents.
10. Cupboard doors
Use a spray bottle filled with diluted Zoflora to wipe down cupboards, inside and out - don't forget the handles!
Just think how much bacteria is lurking on your tap! Wipe with a diluted solution of Zoflora.
Keep your sink ready for food prep by disinfecting it regularly.
TOP TIP: While you're at it, add sponges and cloths to the water to disinfect them too.
Where should I use Zoflora in the living room?
13. Remote control
Spray a small amount of diluted Zoflora onto a piece of kitchen roll or a cloth. Carefully wipe the remote, taking care to get the gaps between the buttons.
TOP TIP: You can use this same technique to clean phones and keyboards. Just make sure that the cloth isn't dripping wet. Don't use on screens or touchpads.
14. Coffee table
Carefully wipe coffee stains off your tables with some diluted Zoflora and a cloth. Don't use on polished wood.
The dust on your shelves isn't doing your health any good. Dust them with a diluted solution of Zoflora, just be sure not to use on polished wood.
16. Fake flowers
Can I use Zoflora in the nursery?
17. Nappy bins
Just like normal bins, nappy bins need cleaning too. Wipe down a nappy bin with diluted Zoflora and a cloth to disinfect it.
Keep your toddler's potty fresh with regular disinfecting. Empty the potty and clean with diluted Zoflora.
19. Changing mat
Spray diluted Zoflora onto the mat and wipe with a cloth.
Help me clean my bathroom with Zoflora
21. Toilet brush
Just think how many germs are on your toilet brush...leave it in a bucket of diluted Zoflora for a few hours to completely disinfect it and leave it smelling fresh.
22. Bath and shower
Damp places are full of bacteria. Spray diluted Zoflora solution and wipe down with a cloth. Remove the showerhead and soak in a bucket of diluted Zoflora.
23. Bathroom surfaces
You can use Zoflora on bathroom surfaces too! Spray diluted solution and wipe down with a cloth.
Make your bathroom smell amazing with this easy cleaning trick.
Pour undiluted Zoflora into the toilet bowl and use the toilet brush to spread it around the bowl.
25. Bathroom sink
Pour a capful of undiluted Zoflora down the plug hole. Spray a diluted solution around the sink and wipe with a cloth. Don't forget the taps!
26. In the cistern
Take Zoflora outdoors
We bet you hadn't thought of this! Make up a bucket of diluted Zoflora then pour it over the patio and scrub with a broom. Leave to dry before allowing pets and children on the area or rinse with clean water.
Pour 1 capful of Zoflora down smelly drains.
29. Outdoor furniture and play equipment
For carefree outdoor dining and play, wipe down with diluted Zoflora and a cloth.
30. Wheelie bins
Gagging every time you take the bins out? It doesn't have to be that bad!
Make up a bucket of diluted Zoflora and pour into the bin, making sure all the sides get covered. Wipe inside with a long-handled mop, then wipe the outside, lid and handles with a cloth soaked in diluted Zoflora. Pour any remaining liquid down the drain.
31. Garden tools
Wipe down garden tools with diluted Zoflora to remove harmful bacteria.
What about using it in vehicles?
32. Air vents
Clean air vents with diluted Zoflora. Every time air blows through them, so will a gorgeous waft of your favourite Zoflora scent.
33. Car interiors
Does your car stink? Spray diluted Zoflora onto car interiors and wipe with a cloth.
34. Air fresheners
Refresh a disposable air freshener by leaving in a capful of Zoflora overnight.
Uses for Zoflora in the laundry
35. Washing machine
Clean your washing machine by wiping down the outside with a cloth and diluted Zoflora. Clean the inside of the machine by pouring 1 capful into the machine and running a hot cycle.
You can also use it in your washes to kill bacteria. Just pour one capful into the fabric softener drawer - we love doing this for towels and bedding.
TOP TIP: Wipe down the inside of suitcases with a cloth dampened with a diluted solution of Zoflora. Leave to dry and then pack your case as normal. Your clothes will smell amazing when you arrive at your travel destination!
Where can I buy Zoflora?
Zoflora is available in 19 scents from the following stockists:
- Bluebell Woods - B&M and Wilko.
- Bouquet - Asda, B&M, Home Bargains, Morrisons, Sainsbury's, Savers and Wilko.
- Citrus Fresh - Home Bargains, Sainsbury's and Savers.
- Country Garden -Home Bargains.
- Fresh Home - Asda, B&M, Morrisons, Pound Stretcher, Wilko.
- Hyacinth - Home bargains, Savers and Wilko.
- Lavender - B&M, Home Bargains, Iceland, Morrisons, Sainsbury's, Savers and Wilko.
- Lavender Escape - Asda, Co-op, Morrisons, Ocado, Sainsbury's and Tesco.
- Lemon Zing - Asda, Morrisons and Sainsbury's.
- Linen Fresh - Asda, B&M, Morrisons, Ocado, Sainsbury's, Savers and Tesco.
- Paradise Peach - Co-op, Morrisons, Sainsbury's, Tesco and Waitrose.
- Rose - Home Bargains and Savers.
- Springtime - Home Bargains, Morrisons, Sainsbury's, Savers and Wilko.
- Summer Bouquet - Independent retailers.
- Summer Breeze - Home Bargains, Sainsbury's and Wilko.
- Sweet Pea - Independent retailers.
- Tropical Twist - Co-op, Morrisons, Sainsbury's, Tesco and Waitrose.
- Twilight Garden - Asda, Morrisons, Ocado, Sainsbury's, Tesco and Waitrose.
- Very Berry - Asda, Morrisons and Sainsbury's.
You might also find some selected scents at Cash & Carries, Independent Retailers and Pharmacies including Poundland, Aldi, and Amazon.
Zoflora also creates limited edition fragrances such as Pink Grapefruit - snap them up before they're gone!
Dettol is an alternative to Zoflora but does not come in the same array of fragrances.
Have you ever used Zoflora? Let us know your favourite scent in the comments below.