Have you already started giving your Valentine's Day gift idea some thought?
With that in mind, I've developed a very simple, but highly visual Valentine's gift idea that is both pretty, fun and customisable. It's really easy to do, and is extremely cheap to make too - there really are no excuses not to try it!
So roll your sleeves up, get out your craft supplies and put half an hour aside to make these adorable love heart photo frames.
What you need:
- 2 x love heart photo frames, backing and 'glass' front removed. (I got mine from Flying Tiger)
- PVA glue
- UHU glue
- Pink pearlescent beads (also from Flying Tiger)
- Red glitter
How to make your DIY Valentine's Day photo frames
- Lay some newspaper down onto the surface you plan to craft on, & pop on some classic love songs - this step is obligatory!
- Take one of the frames &, using the paintbrush, apply a layer of PVA glue onto the plastic.
3. Gently sprinkle the red glitter around the edge of the heart until the frame is no longer visible.
4. Flip the frame over, & press down over the glitter that has fallen onto the newspaper. This will help to fill in any gaps, & also press the glitter into place.
5. Taking the other frame & your UHU glue, apply a thin line along one-half of the heart.
6. Immediately begin to press the pink beads onto the line of glue, beginning at the point of the love heart so as to be sure the shape will be well defined.
7. Continue sticking on beads until the frame has been covered.
8. Set the frame aside to dry.
9. Take the backing of the frames, trace around the photos you want to put inside, then cut the shapes out.
10. Pop the plastic front back into the frames, followed by your photos, then the card backing.
11. Wrap your frames in some pink tissue paper, cut out hearts, then hide your gift until Valentine's Day arrives.
Happy Valentine's Day everyone! How will you be celebrating? Let me know in the comments below.