If you think cakes are just for special occasions, you need to check out our microwaveable mug cake recipe.
We are big fans of cake at Expert Home Tips – we’d have it for breakfast, lunch and dinner if we could. Our solution? A microwaveable cake recipe, which uses just five ingredients and is ready in the same amount of minutes.
Best of all, you can literally make this mug cake anywhere, providing you have access to a microwave. At work, on holiday, at home – this is cake but not as you know it.
In celebration of International Chocolate Week, we came up with an indulgent take on our classic mug cake recipe. Using 70% minimum cocoa solid chocolate chips, raspberries, and egg and a banana, it’s a surprisingly healthy treat packed with nutrients you can enjoy any time of day.
This remarkably easy recipe really isn’t one to miss. You will be seriously impressed with the taste, and it knocks most shop-bought snacks out of the park with regards to nutritional value.
Nutritional benefits of our dark chocolate mug cake
Dark chocolate has many health benefits, including improving heart health, skin and even our mood. Raspberries are full of antioxidants, in particular, Vitamin C, which has been proven to reduce wrinkles and age spots, giving you a more youthful appearance. It’s fair to say this chocolatey treat won’t be the cause of any breakouts!
The protein in eggs encourages the repair of muscle and help fuel many other bodily functions. Meanwhile, banana is a wonderful source of energy, as it contains natural sugar which will not spike your insulin levels like other processed treats.
The combination of these nutritional benefits make our Dark Chocolate Microwaveable Mug Cake Recipe a real winner.
Try one today – we guarantee you won’t be disappointed!
Dark chocolate mug cake recipe
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 medium egg
- 1/5 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp dark chocolate chips (minimum 70% cocoa solids)
- 6 raspberries
- Peel your banana, place in a round-bottomed, large mug and mash until relatively smooth.
- Break the egg into the mug and whisk until combined.
- Add the chocolate chips and stir.
- Add baking powder and stir lightly.
- Microwave on medium-high for two minutes.
- Remove and turn out onto a plate.
- Place raspberries in the used mug and microwave on high for 20 seconds. Stir to combine with remaining chocolate, and microwave for a further 20 seconds.
- Pour mixture over your mug cake.
Cake really is the best. Have you ever tried to make a mug cake?