Ever since we launched Expert Home Tips, I've been busy testing out a whole host of weird and wonderful tricks and hacks to make life easier.
Most of the truly obscure tips haven't been that effective, but I have also come across some bizarre tips that do actually work. I thought I would compile a list of the weirdest yet most effective tips I've learnt.
I use these hacks in my day to day life so see what you make of them, and if you have any strange tips you swear by then please leave a comment below.
- Straighteners smooth out stubborn creases in areas the iron can't reach
- Beetroot makes a fabulous lip stain
- Vodka destroys any odour-causing fungus and bacteria on smelly feet
- Use a piece of raw spaghetti to light hard-to-reach candles
- A glass of pear juice before alcohol will help prevent a hangover
- Banana skin works really well at polishing leather shoes
- Massaging your scalp for 5 minutes a day for a week will double growth
- An old flannel will remove nail polish better than cotton pads
- Spray the soles of shoes with hairspray to stop them from slipping
- Secure loose buttons by applying a layer of clear nail polish
Thanks for reading! If you enjoyed these tips please share them with your friends and family using the share buttons below.