It's nearly Shrove Tuesday! Christians repent their sins and also celebrate the last day of indulgence before Lent begins.
It's on this day that I try to fit as many pancakes as possible into my mouth.
If this is your mission too, then feast your eyes on these topping options:
Before you continue, don't forget to follow us on:
1. The classics:
- Lemon & sugar
- Golden Syrup
- Banana & cream
- Ice cream & cherries
2. Something a little different...
Chocolate Chip & Candied Bacon pancakes with Nutella Maple Syrup from evilshenanigans.com.
3. Funfetti pancakes
Why not try these funfetti pancakes by The Kitchen Magpie?
4. Cinnamon Roll pancakes from Therecipecritic.com.
5. Mint Chocolate Chip pancakes from Caramelpotatoes.com.
6. Double Stuff Oreo pancakes from Spicysouthernkitchen.com.
7. Red Velvet pancakes with Coconut Syrup & Blueberries from Eclecticrecipes.com.
8. Blueberry pancake bites from Cincyshopper.com.
9. The classics:
- Ham & cheese
- Cheese & mushroom
- Egg & spinach
- Ham, cheese & peppers
- Leek & cheese
10. Something a little different...
Sweet Potato pancakes from Thepotlicker.com
11. Spring Onion pancakes from Heinstirred.com.
12. Zucchini (courgette) pancake fritters from Abellacucina.com.
13. Asparagus & ham pancakes from Deliciousmagazine.co.uk.
14. Bacon pancake sticks from Livewithmel.com.
15. Smoked salmon pancakes from Framedcooks.com.
16. Curry pancakes from Goodtoknow.co.uk.
Plain pancake recipe:
If you want to come up with your own toppings, then here's Gizzi Erskine's recipe for pancakes.
110g plain flour
1 free-range egg + 1 yolk
2 tablespoons of melted butter
1 pinch of salt
1 pinch of sugar
1. Add the flour, sugar and salt to a mixing bowl. Make a well and gradually whisk in the egg, egg yolk and milk until smooth and combined.
2. Cover with cling-film and leave to rest in the fridge for 30 minutes.
3. Heat your pancake pan to a medium heat. Dip some kitchen paper into the butter and wipe it around the pan. Add a ladleful of batter into the pan and swirl around, making sure it covers the surface of the pan.
4. Fry for up to 1 minute, then flip over and cook for 30 seconds.