Whether you’re a Halloween connoisseur or throwing a party for the very first time, you’ll already know no event is complete without a spooky punch and I’ve got just the thing! An eerie eyeball punch that looks extremely life-like but is actually made from basic kitchen cupboard ingredients. So if you’re looking for a Halloween punch that won’t take hardly any time or effort, look no further.
Before you continue, don’t forget to follow us on:
How to make your Eerie Eyeball Halloween Punch
- Vimto cordial
- Cranberry juice
- Limes (optional)
- Vodka (optional)
- Glasses or large punchbowl
- Small knife or peeler
- Gather your ingredients from the kitchen. Most supermarkets sell small bags of radishes for around £1 and blueberries can be bought fresh or frozen.
2. Wash your radishes. Take a small knife and chop the one end of the radish off so you have a flat surface. Leave the green root on the other end, it will look like optic nerve hanging off the eyeball.
3. Taking your knife, very carefully, dig a hole out of the radish. You want to scoop out enough to fit a blueberry snuggly in it, but still have a nice thick rim to create the effect of the white eyeball.
4. Now even more carefully, slice the radish skin in uneven strips to create the effect of veins running across the eyeball. It doesn’t need to be perfect, in fact the more uneven and wonky the better!
5. Find a blueberry that fits snuggly into the radish and make sure you expose the side with the dot in the middle so it looks like a pupil. If you’re struggling to squish them in, you can add a dab of water in-between the berry and radish before popping them into the freezer. They’ll act as ice cubes and the taste of radish shouldn’t effect the drink too much.
Now for the punch…
- Mix 1 part Vimto cordial with 4 parts lemonade with a splash of cranberry juice and squeeze of fresh lime. You can add a good glug of vodka (or gin) if you wish your eyeball punch to be alcoholic.
Who knew a bunch of basic kitchen ingredients could create such a fantastic effect! I’ve served this punch in just a basic tumbler, but you could make enough to fill a huge punchbowl or even better…a fishbowl! They’re all the rage at the moment and doesn’t an eyeball fishbowl sound brilliant? Give it a go yourself.
How to make Lychee Halloween eyeballs
If you don’t fancy the idea of radishes or prefer an edible eyeball, you can also make them with lychees, blueberries and stuffed olives. Grab a tin of lychees from your nearest Asian food store or larger supermarket, and be sure to find some pimiento stuffed olives that are red in the middle.
1. Drain your lychees before getting started. Strain as much syrup as you can from the lychee then take a blueberry and push it into the middle. You may need to double up on blueberries depending on the sizes.
2. With the olive version, cut your olive in half and push it into the lychee. You want to expose the side with the pimiento pepper on show so it looks like a creepy red pupil.
3. Lychees can become loose so it’s best to pop them into the freezer to harden – they’ll also double up as ice cubes then. If you’d rather serve them fresh then stick a cocktail stick through to hold it all together and serve as garnish in your punch tumblers or cocktail glasses.
Thanks for reading! Please share my Eyeball Punch with your friends and family using the share tools above and below the article.