I’m slightly addicted to those pumpkin spiced lattes you can find at a certain coffee shop, so I decided to make up some cupcakes that celebrated that delicious flavour. Halloween is coming up so it’s the perfect time to crack these out for friends and family.
They’re easy-peasy to make, you could even get the kids to help if you wanted! While you’re in the Halloween mood, check out Stephanie’s marvellous no-carve pumpkin today.
Before you continue, don’t forget to follow us on:
How to make your Halloween cupcakes
- 125g flour
- 125g butter (at room temperature)
- 125g sugar
- 2 eggs (at room temperature)
- 3 x 15ml tablespoon full fat milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C / gas mark 6 and fill a muffin tin with 12 cases.
2. Blitz in a food processor until smooth. Pulse when adding milk, one tablespoon at a time.
3. Divide into muffin tin and bake for 15 – 20 minutes.
4. Let them cool in their tins, then transfer to a wire rack.
How to make your pumpkin spiced icing
- 170g pumpkin puree
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 640g icing sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Add butter to a mixing bowl. Stir in your pumpkin puree with a whisk. Add vanilla, nutmeg and cinnamon to the mix and beat together.
2. Slowly add the icing sugar. Stir well until you get a great consistency to spread on your cupcakes. Add colourful sprinkles.
I hope you enjoy making them – I did! Don’t forget to share with all your pals using the buttons above and below.